Khorasan Mills offers fun and informative classes where we teach how to use ancient grains, how to make amazing breads and how to use and mill grains for your own needs. If you would like to schedule a class anywhere in Utah, send us an email letting us know what type of class you would like to host.
The bread classes are hands-on. And of course, we always bring tasty samples of breads and cereals using ancient grains or sourdough.
Breads (hands-on. You make your own bread)
- Sourdough breads. Learn about starters, time, flavor and proven techniques.
- Breads using ancient grains (Kamut®, spelt, einkorn) and other heirloom,
Classes - Contact us to schedule any of the classes below.
Bread with Ancient Grains - Bread Techniques (hands-on)
- Using a sponge/autolyse to strengthen dough and gluten.
- Kneading (various methods)
- Using the Window Test
- Know your dough (soft dough/firm dough - developing the right type of dough)
- Shaping the loaf - preventing air pockets, tunnels and getting it just right.
Sourdough Breads - Really Good Sourdough
- Sourdough (natural yeast) with whole grains and high-grade bead flour.
- Learn how starters work, developing a good dough.
- How time creates great flavor and good bread structure.
- Shaping, scoring, baking (pan sourdough or artisan style).
Milling your own grains - Grain to Bread - Making bread with fresh-milled grains.
- Use the Mockmill to mill fresh flour - use this flour to make fresh whole-grain breads.
- Ancient wheat vs hybrid wheat (how are they different?)
- Why are ancient grains important?
- The many things you can do with ancient grains.
- Ancient grains , Organic grains, Biological/Natural Grains
Questions about classes?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text (801)901-3837