We believe that in order to get the most out of your grains and flour, you need to know how these for baking. Khorasan Mills hosts fun, informative classes to teach customers how to use our ancient grains and various types of flour, all around your own schedule!
Whether you're a seasoned baker, or just starting out, this is the place for you.
Sign up for one of our interactive workshops here!
*These are in person workshops, local to Utah. For information about other class options, click here.
We teach every 2nd Saturday at Maceys Grocery, Pleasant Grove UT. See below for current schedule.
Saturday, June 17, Pleasant Grove UT - Whole Grain Sourdough and Yeasted Breads.
Hands-on. Sign Up Here
Want to attend a class but your schedule won't allow it? Sign up here to host your own class!
All bread classes are hands-on! And of course, we always bring tasty samples of breads and cereals using ancient grains or sourdough.
*Although we regularly schedule these classes, any of the classes below can be hosted by you - let us know if you'd like to host a class! When you host the class, you can choose the content, type of class and what grains/flour we use for the class.
Sourdough Breads (basic and whole grain)
- Sourdough (natural yeast) with whole grains and high-grade bead flour
- Learn how starters work, and all about developing a good dough
- How time creates great flavor and good bread structure
- Shaping, scoring, baking (pan sourdough or artisan style)
Ancient Grains (demo/lecture/slideshow)
- Ancient wheat vs hybrid wheat (how are they different?)
- Why are ancient grains important?
- The many things you can do with ancient grains
- Ancient grains, Organic grains, Biological/Natural Grains
Bread with Ancient Grains - Bread Techniques
- Using a sponge/autolyse to strengthen dough and gluten.
- Kneading (various methods)
- Using the "window pane test"
- Know your dough (soft dough/firm dough - developing the right type)
- Shaping the loaf - preventing air pockets, tunnels and getting it just right
Milling your own grains - Grain to Bread - Making bread with fresh-milled grains
- Use the Mockmill to mill fresh flour! Use this flour to make fresh whole-grain breads.
Questions? Contact us here